1) Inpatient Psychiatric Services:
Provides a 22-bed unit to relieve the effects of various disorders. Treatments may include: psychopharmacological interventions and management, crisis-oriented family and group therapy, augmentation, phototherapy, and Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) for treatment resistant depression. For individuals 14 years of age and older who are experiencing psychiatric or behavioral problems related to neurological illnesses, we conduct a complete workup at our neuropsychiatric center which may include: MRI, EEG, CAT scan, and/or other neuropsychological tests to assess each patient's condition.
2) Outpatient Psychiatric Services:
- The outpatient services are for those who have achieved some stability, but still require additional therapy for psychiatric symptoms. Our specialty outpatient programs include treatment for: a full range of alcohol or other substance abuse, cognitive behavioral disorders (i.e. panic issues, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorders, and post-traumatic stress), memory disorders, anxiety and depression, schizophrenia, and adolescent suicide and depression.
- The Adolescent Depression and Suicide Program is specifically designed for depressed and suicidal adolescents aged 12 through 20 years and their families. This unique program offers a thorough evaluation, brief treatment, family and group therapy, and psychopharmacological intervention.
- For those with a dual diagnosis of substance abuse and psychiatric disorders, treatment may entail: crisis intervention, rehabilitation, and social development orientations to help patients control triggers so they may achieve their goals.
3) Chemical Dependency Program:
Offers a full range of outpatient services that include assessment, counseling (individual, group, and family), referrals to additional or alternative resources when appropriate, and linkages to community resources. Additionally, they offer the following specialized programs:
- Drinking Drivers Program: Our specially trained counselors work closely with the D.W.I. program of the criminal court system and other legal agencies.
- Support groups for women, seniors, and Spanish-speaking individuals
4) Outpatient Substance Abuse Program:
- Unit I and Unit III: These are methadone maintenance treatment programs. In addition to substance abuse treatment, primary care services, HIV specialty care, nutritional services, mental health services and vocational services are offered onsite.
- New Directions Recovery Center: This is an outpatient treatment program established in 2004 to address the treatment needs of adults with alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and/or opiate abuse or dependence. The services offered include group counseling, individual counseling, HIV testing and risk reduction counseling, psychiatric medication management, psychotherapy, nutritional services, and Buprenorphine induction and maintenance.
5) Inpatient Substance Abuse Program/ Medically Managed Detoxification Unit:
Our 10-bed inpatient unit at the North Division provides complete care for adults with drug and alcohol-related health problems. The Detoxification Unit consists of a multidisciplinary
treatment team which includes substance abuse counselors, nurses, a social worker and a medical director.